GKTECH V2 S/R/Z32 CHASSIS REAR KNUCKLES WITH ALL NEW KINEMATICS
Please allow 1-2 weeks for these items to be dispatched
A combined 8 years of product development and over 1,000 pairs sold we bring to you the V2 S/R/Z32 chassis rear knuckles. We have developed a lightweight yet strong drop knuckle. They come with dual caliper brackets as standard, high-quality PTFE lined spherical bearings throughout and have all new kinematics to drastically improve anti-squat, bump steer, camber gain curves and raised roll center height. The V2 adds even more ridgidity over our very popular V1.
- Ability to run dual caliper without spacing the rotor out
- Ability to run drum brake in standard position with dual calipers (or single caliper) installed
- The drop is 40 mm - optimized for cars 40 mm lower than factory ride height (more drop would have required proprietary arms)
- High-quality PTFE lined spherical bearings throughout as standard, common bearing size so replacements are easy to get and affordable (QA1/FK part #COM10T)
- All new kinematics to significantly increase grip over regular drop knuckles
- Optimized camber curve for more even tire wear
- Optimized bump steer for toe-in under compression without OEM arms' elastokinematics
- Increased anti-squat for more rear weight transfer and traction
- Raised roll center height for better handling
- Lightweight sheet metal design optimized using finite element analyses for ultimate strength - fully dressed weight (bearings, spacers, circlips) 3.9kg (standard knuckle is 5.1kg)
- Clearance for larger GTR drive shafts
- To be mounted with bearing mounting holes perpendicular to the ground in static height (extended LCA's that push the wheel out to the rear of the wheel arch will NOT work well, or at all if extended too far out). Note that our rear LCA's adjust perpendicular to the centerline of the car, which makes sense.
- Will fit all GTR and Z32 chassis' with the use of an S chassis style lower coilover mounting.
- Will clear 17" rims (and even 16" rims with low offsets) and all 18" rims but please note that the closer the rim sits in the wheel-well, the greater the chance that the toe arm mount will come close to hitting. A 17x10.5 +22 Enkei RPF1 wheel was tested and still has around 5 mm of clearance (ample)
- Aftermarket camber, toe and traction rods ARE required and MUST have rose joints as the suspension mounting points on the knuckle are in significantly altered and rubber or similar wouldn't have enough misalignment to work. Lower control arms can be OEM or aftermarket and do not need to be changed. OEM bushings in lower control arms will produce different bump steer curves
- The Wilwood dual caliper bracket that we offer do NOT fit on these knuckles
- OEM S-chassis single piston calipers can be used in a single or dual configuration BUT the drum lever won't fit without modifications.
- OEM GTS-T/GT-R/Z32 2 piston calipers are a direct fit and the OEM drum assembly fits just like OEM.
- For optimal results, S14/S15 or R33 subframe is recommended
Want to know how they were designed, the benefits and more technical information? Click below:
What makes these rear knuckles different to other drop knuckles?
Our rear knuckles are not just drop knuckles, they have different suspension arm mounting points which results in altered and improved camber curves and bump steer. This results in far more grip and very predicatble grip. Seperate to having all new kinematics these rear knuckles use spherical rose joints (a common size also incase you need to ever replace them), and have dual caliper brackets as standard.
How do I get the most out of these knuckles?
To get the most out of the kinematics improvements, an S14/S15/R33/R34 rear subframe is suggested. Alternatively, if you have an S13/R32 subframe you can use our anti-squat reduction weld in kit, if that has been done then suggested traction rod length for this is 225mm, measuring from centre hole to centre hole.If you are running either;S13/R32 subframe we recommend a traction arm length of 218mm measuring from centre hole to centre hole. S14/S15/R33/R34 subframe we recommend a traction arm length of 203mm also measuring from centre hole to centre hole.
How long is the warranty on these rear knuckles?
All GKTECH suspension products come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
The Teflon lined rose joints come with a 1 year replacement warranty.
Does the knuckle change the ride height of the car?
It does not change the ride height, it just changes the position of the rear arms to correct geometry whilst being low.
Do you carry spare parts for this product?
Yes we carry the following spare parts for this product
Replacement Com10T Bearing